Vintages of the wine region
Zone of production
Tarragona:Bellmunt del priorat, El lloar, El molar, Falset, Gratallops, La morera de montsant, La vilella alta, La vilella baixa, Poboleda, Porrera, Torroja del priorat
This zone enjoys a moderate and dry, great climate fresher than in the of Tarragona littoral.
Authorized: Mazuela, shaggy Robe, Cariñena, Cabernet sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah.
Preferential: Robe Dyes
Authorized: white Robe, Macabeo, Pedro Ximenez, Chenin, Viognier.
Types of wine
- Black and Pink Wine. For these wines it will have to be in use, as minimum, 80% of grape of the varieties black robe, shaggy robe, cariñena, cabernet sauvignon, merlot and syrah, the experimental varieties will not be able to overcome 20%.
- White Wine. in the production of white wines they will have to use, as minimum, 80% of grapes of the varieties macabeo, white robe, viognier, chenin and Pedro Ximenez, the experimental varieties will not be able to overcome 20%.
- Dry stained Wine. they will have an alcoholic acquired minimal graduation of 13,5% vol. and the pink ones and the whites 13% vol.
- Mellow Wine. that are obtained of natural form by his upbringing in wood in very dry environments, will have an alcoholic acquired minimal graduation of 15% vol
- naturally sweet and semisweet Wines. obtained from grapes sobremaduradas will have a minimal graduation of 14,5% vol.
- sweet and semisweet natural Wines of liquor. endrán alcoholic acquired minimal graduations of 15% vol. During his process of production they it will be possible add alcohol of wine, providing that they have acquired 8 degrees of natural alcohol.
A.V. Costers del Siurana, S.A.T.
PRIORATO qualified Designation of Origin