DO RIAS BAIXAS
Vintages of the wine region
Zone of production
La Coruña:Boqueixón, Padrón, Teo, Touro, Vedrasilleda, Vila de Cruces.
Pontevedra:A Cañiza, A Estrada, A Guarda, A Illa de Arousa, Arbo, As Neves, Barro, Caldas de Reis, Cambados, Crecente, Gondomar, Meaño, Meis, Mos, O Grove, O Rosal, Ponteareas, Portas, Ribadumia, Salceda de Caselas, Salvaterra de Miño, Sanxenxo, Silleda, Soutomaior, Tomiño, Tui, Vila de cruces, Vilagarcía de Arousa, Vilanova de Arousa
In Winter, the Atlantic tempests of the West and of the Southwest, with his warm fronts, of frequently tropical air, bring strong rainfalls and are the determinantes of a few soft temperatures and up to hot, with differences day - night very little marked. The tempests of the North and Northwest, less frequent, reach the zone already debilitated, contributing few rains. Only the invasions of cold air of the Arctic, or the periods in which the anticyclones turn the squally fronts aside towards the north, can provoke a sufficient decrease of the night temperatures as in order that frosts take place.An idea of the winter smoothness us provides the everage temperature of January, the month more cold of the year, which ranges between them 10ºC of A Guarda and them 9ºC of Frieira. As for the rainfalls, the station is really very rainy: 600 mm of 1.600 annual mm of average are gathered in winter. The Spring is precocious and rainy. The dangers of climatic origin on this station are the hurts of frosts and the landslide of flower. The risks of frosts are void in the littoral and are growing as we move towards the interior. The hurts for frost it is very determined by the very irregular own orography of the D.O. Rías Baixas.The anticyclone of the Azores establishes itself on the western Atlantic Ocean at the beginning of Summer, blocking the way of the disturbances, which at most slip for the north edge of Galicia. The rainfalls are slightly frequent and slightly abundant and the temperatures are kept soft thanks to the fresh air, the summer storms are rare and it is under the risk of hail. On this station an important drought takes place edáfica favored by the decrease of the rainfalls, increase of the temperature and for a few sandy soils that facilitate the infiltration. Withdrawn the anticyclone, in Autumn the tempests penetrate one after other one, on a station again very rainy.
Authorized: Mencía, Brancellao.
Preferential: stained Caiño, Espadeiro, Loureira black, Sousón.
Authorized: Torrontés, Godello.
Preferential: Albariño, white Loureira, Treixadura, white Caiño.
Types of wine
- White Wine Rías Baixas Albariño. wine monovarietal elaborated with 100% of grapes of the variety albariño.
- White wine Rías Baixas Condado do Tea. elaborated with grapes of the varieties albariño and treixadura in 70% as minimum, being the rest of other varieties, all of them produced in the subfield of the Condado do Tea.
- White wine Rías Baixas Rose-bush. elaborated from grapes of the varieties albariño and loureira in 70% as minimum, being the rest of other varieties, all of them produced in the subfield of Or Rose-bush.
- White wine Rías Baixas Salnés. Elaborated from grapes albariño in 70% as minimum, being the rest of other varieties, all of them produced enla subfield Val do Salnés.
- White wine Rías Baixas Ribeira do Ulla. elaborated from grapes albariño in 70% as minimum, being the rest of other varieties, all of them produced in the subfield Ribeira do Ulla.
- White wine Rías Baixas Cask. proceeding from definite wines previously, that in his process of production it remains in packings of wood of oak, for a minimal period of three months.
- White wine Rías Baixas. elaborated from the white varieties recognized, produced elaborated, bottling and labelling in any of the subfields mentioned in the article 4º, using at least 70% of grapes of the preferential varieties.
- Stained Wine Rias Baixas. elaborated from the stained recognized varieties produced in any of the subfields mentioned in the article 4º and in the proportions that are considered suitable.
Regulatory Advice of the D.O. " RIAS BAIXAS "
Palacio de Mugártegui. Plaza de la Pedrería, 10
36002 - Pontevedra
Pontevedra - Spain
Tel.: 986 854 850 - Fax: 986 864 546
Adegas Arousa de Bebidas, S.L.
Designation of Origin RIAS BAIXAS
Vilanova de Arousa-PontevedraGalicia