Vintages of the wine region
Zone of production
Cádiz:Chiclana de la Frontera, Chipiona, Jerez, Puerto de Santa María, Puerto Real, Rota, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Trebujena
The Climate of the region corresponds to that of a southern hot zone, with important influence of the Atlantic Ocean. The wind of west is the one that contributes to the vine-stock the maritime dampness, watering during the dawns the vineyards of Sherry with the dews or softness. It acts as a moderating factor, attenuating the summers rigors of the Marco and the effect of the hot winds of east. The grapevine an everage temperature of 17,5 supports in active period º centigrades. The region has a good time anually of almost 300 days of the clear Sun and intense luminosity. The rainfall reaches an average of 600 l/m2, and centers in his most between October to May,Providing to the soil the water reservations that will be used by the plant in the dry summers months. September is in the habit of being dry, a favorable factor for the ripeness and health of the grape. These climatic conditions favor the ideal development of the plants and the perfect ripeness of the grape up to the moment of the vintage ..
Authorized: Palomino, Pedro Ximénez, Muscatel
Types of wine
- Generous Thin Wine. Wine of yellow straw pale color, with greenish reflections in occasions, from aroma typical, sharp and delicate, light macaroon to the palate, I dry, and whose special characteristics are a result of his particular process of upbringing exclusivamcnte under veto of flower, with an alcoholic volumetric degree acquired between 15-18% vol.
- Generous Amontillado Wine. wine of amber color, from nutbrown, sharp attenuated, soft and full aroma to the palate, with an alcoholic volumetric degree acquired between 16% and 22% vol.His particular process of upbringing includes an initial phase under veil of flower, equivalent, at least, in what to duration refers, to her of Thin, followed by a phase of upbringing oxidativa
- Generous Fragrant Wine. dry Wine, of color amber to mahogany, of very marked aroma, which he remembers to the Nut, of very much body, with alcoholic volumetric degree acquired between 17% and 22% vol. His upbringing understands an initial phase under veil of flower, continued of one of upbringing oxidativa
- Generous Wine Palo Cortado. Wine from characteristics organolépticas intermediate between both previous ones, with aroma of Amontillado and palate and similar color to the Fragrant one, with an alcoholic volumetric degree acquired between 17% and 22% vol. His upbringing understands the first phase under veil of flower and another later oxidativa
- Generous Wine of Liquor Dry. Wine from pale yellow or golden color, with an alcoholic acquired degree not lower than 15% vol, and a content in matters reductoras not Superior to 45 gr/l.In consideration of the characteristics of certain markets, there will be able to be authorized the employment of the traditional terms Pale and / or Pale Dry.
- Generous Wine of Liquor Medium. Wine of color amber to mahogany, with an alcoholic acquired degree not lower than 15% vol., and a content in matters reductoras not Superior to 115 gr/l. In consideration of the characteristics of certain markets, Brown, Milk and / or Rich will be able to authorize the employment of such traditional terms as Golden, Acculé, Tendre, Brown, Milk and(or) Rich
- Generous Wine of Liquor Pale Cream. Wine of pale yellow color, from sharp and delicate aroma, with an alcoholic acquired degree not lower than 15,5% vol., and a content in matters reductoras not Superior to 115 gr/l.
- Generous Wine of Liquor Cream. Wine of body,from color amber to mahogany darkly, from sharp and attenuated aroma, with an alcoholic acquired degree not lower than 15,5% vol., and a content in matters reductoras between 115 gr/l and 140 gr/l.
- Dulce Natural Wine. It is the proceeding one from very mature or sunny grape, which surrenders to alcoholic partial, arrested fermentation, in his case, by means of the addition of wine alcohol. When the variety of the used grape is Pedro Ximenez or Muscatel, the resultant wine is named Pedro Ximenez or Muscatel, respectively. In the production of the wines that like that demand it also there can add Wine Dulce Natural and Wine of Color, product the latter obtained by partial or total fermentation of fresh must with addition of the result of the concentration of musts for heating up to the toasting or burned of the azúcares.
- Manzanilla. Generous Wine of straw color to gilding, of sharp typical, light aroma to the palate, dry and slightly acid, with an alcoholic volumetric degree acquired between 15% and 19% vol. The special characteristics of this wine are the result of his particular process of upbringing under veil of for and of the microclimate of the warehouses placed in Sanlúcar de Barrameda's city. Traditionally and according to his upbringing and aging the specialities know Thin Manzanilla, Past Manzanilla and Fragrant Manzanilla.
Regulatory Advice of the D.O. " DD.OO. JEREZ-XERES-SHERRY y MANZANILLA SANLUCAR DE BARRAMEDA "
Avda. Alvaro Domecq, s/n. Post office 324
11405 - Jerez
Cadiz - Spain
Tel.: 956 332 050 - Fax: 956 338 908